If you’re committed to finding ways to improve your Wake Forest rental property, upgrading your lighting is a great way to start indeed. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more appealing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and certainly help you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will talk about different lights you must indeed consider installing in your rental property and why they are really important. We’ll also give helpful tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When you are lighting your rental property, you should install three central types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with extensive, general illumination. This sort of light is fundamental for making a space feel comfortable and appealing. It’s additionally crucial for safety in order to help prevent trips and falls. You can use ambient lighting in your rental property by integrating ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is often used to brightly light up specific room areas where people work. This type of light is totally important for producing a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can add task lighting to your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is most often used to highlight specific features of a room or to effectively create the desired mood. This form of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can easily use accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When making the decision on lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s focal to choose fixtures that are durable and not burdensome to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance not difficult over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Always make certain to choose fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Choose the best fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Ensure to get bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have countless advantages for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Having new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: New lighting can make your rental property more delightful to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Updating your lighting can indeed help you keep your rental rates competitive.
Adding new lighting to your rental property can be an incredible way to enrich and improve the look and feel of your space. It can likewise help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By employing the simple tips in this blog post, you can, without difficulty, select the best fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises various crucial questions. If you’re looking for some expert advice on upgrades that will guarantee you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Wake Forest property managers. You can call at 919-481-0008 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.